Senior Data Engineering lead / Chapter Lead Data Engineering
Senior Data Engineering lead / Chapter Lead Data Engineering | Diemen
Are you thé Senior Data Engineering lead that will facilitate the growth of craftsmanship in our Data Engineering chapter? Do you believe that the power of technology can be harnessed with personal attention and enthusiasm?
Than we are probably looking for you:
• As a Chapter lead, you have impact. You contribute to the way of working and implement Engineering best-practices and thus are responsible for improving the Data Engineering practice within the organisation.
• You are instrumental to ensure the development of the data lake and services around the data lake comply to those standards. The results you achieve with the Data Engineering team are visible and measurable and you make a concrete contribution to the improvement of the organisation’s services and business.
• You support the development of advanced analysis apps and algorithms and help end users understand and utilise the data and tools. This lets them conduct analyses, draw up reports, detect trends and seamlessly match clients and candidates.
• As a Chapter lead, you will spend roughly a third of your time organizing the Data Engineering Chapter and the other two thirds of your time you are part of the Data Engineering team as a cooperating foreman.
• You have a vision of what a data lake should or could look like and what capabilities it needs to serve data scientists and ETL analysts.
• Data holds no secrets for you. You understand how data is used by advanced algorithms and analysis tools.
• You understand how to provide a platform for data scientists and analysts to make use of the data sources throughout Randstad Nederland.
• The team works on a significant amount of data: information regarding millions of candidates and hundreds of thousands of processes, businesses and clients. You collect this information and prepare and serve the data for use in calculation models and analysis tools to help improve the business.
• You are involved in innovative data-driven work methods, intelligent algorithms and apps and driving the way Randstad IT makes use of Data.
This is the team:
The Data Engineering team is an agile team of about 10 data engineers. The main responsibility of the Data Engineering team is maintaining the DataHub, an ecosystem in which a Data Lake and supporting applications reside. At the moment, the platform resides partly in Redshift, partly in S3.
The Data Engineering team makes use of a variety of technologies and is responsible for their own infrastructure.
There is a Django-based metadata catalogue that also functions as a portal for data producing teams to monitor their data and portal for data consuming teams to provide services to help them achieve their goals.
For general data usage, the DataHub offers the functionality of data subscriptions through scheduled unloads to a project space on S3. The hub also offers tools to work with machine learning models using Sagemaker Notebooks.
You will be designing and setting up infrastructure in AWS for the expanding services of the DataHub and develop airflow dags that represent data pipelines. Most of the coding is done in Python.
Requests and projects from the organisation end up on your desk via the product owner and you will work with individual end-users. These users include business and finance analysts, marketeers, staffing consultants, sales consultants and the management team. It all depends on the purpose the data is needed for.
You collaborate closely with the developers in your team, infrastructure specialists and data analysts from your own and other development teams. In principle, the team likes to play to each member’s individual strengths and is looking to learn from each other’s expertise.
These are your strengths:
• A vision on where technology is taking the Data Engineering domain in the future
• Strong experience with software development (Python)
• Higher professional education degree in computer science and a passion for (big) data and innovation
• You are able to clear up complex issues and translate them into simpler terms with the use of the right tools
• You are solution-oriented in a creative and inspirational manner
• You are a conversational partner and occasional coach for colleagues at various levels of the organisation
• Proactive: you plan your own activities and gather whatever information you need to execute the project
• Experience with AWS (Big) Data services like RedShift, SageMaker, EMR
• Experience with the following technologies: Airflow, Docker, Jenkins, Git.
• Proper command of English, fluent both spoken and in writing
• Good communication skills and have an appetite for discussion
What we offer in return for your experience:
• A great environment with fun and inspirational colleagues who are always there for you
• A competitive salary and a generous monthly benefit budget that you can choose to spend on free time, additional pay or perks such as a bike, tablet, sports subscription or training course
• 25 holiday days
• 8.5% holiday allowance
• Many training and development opportunity’s
• A good mobility scheme and laptop
• An attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year
About the organization:
At the head office in Diemen, more than 150 IT professionals work and experiment with new technologies every day. Our customer has been bringing people and work together for more than half a century. Not only in the Netherlands, but it is considered the largest professional service company around the world.